Other than being a great Sufi saint of 19th century Hazrat Shah Niyaz ( R.A.) was also a great literary figure of that time. Other than being the master of tasawwuf he was also a great scholar of Tafseer (Science of explanation and interpretation ) Fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence.), and Hadees (oral traditions relating to the words and deeds of the Islamic prophet Muhammad ).
At present the information regarding 14 of the books written by Hazrat Shah Niyaz (R.A.) is available.Hazrat Shah Niyaz ( R.A.) used to write books as per the requirement of his individual student and disciple and this books were taken by those individuals to their respective places. In times contact has been lost with various of his Khulfas who belong to other part of the world and so there is no excess to those books. Secondly in the 1857 gadar a part of the khaneqaah was burnt in fire and due to that also the access has been lost to various books.
02. Shams-ul-Ain Shareef - It is named as ‘Kashf-ul-Ghain Min Shams-ul-Ain’ in the Sahitya Akaadmi ( academy) book ‘A History Of Indian Literature’.
04. Tohfa’e Niyaz ba Hazrat-e-Be-Niyaz – Its Subject is Tasawwuf & language Farsi (persian)
05. Hashiyah Sharah ‘Mulla Jalaal’ - Commentary on works by Hazrat Mir Zahid Mulla Jalaal, on religious philosophy. The language is Arabic.This books shows the authority of Hazart Shah Niyaz R.A. had on the topic of religious philosophy and the Arabic language.
06. Hashiyah Sharah ‘Chagmani’
07. Risaala Tasmeet-ul-Maraatib
08. Risaala Mantaq – This was written for Hazrat Aal-e-Rasool Saheb R.A. Mahrera Shareef ,who was the Peer-o-Murshid of Hazrat Imaam Ahmed Raza Khan Barelvi R.A.
09. Mazmua Qasaaid-e-Arbiya – It contains Qaseeda in praise of Maula Ali KWK,Panjatan Paak A.S. and Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique R.A., the khamsa in praise of Hazrat Maula Ali KWK has 21 band and the khamsa in praise of Panjatan Paak has 32 band.The language is Arabic.
10. Sharah Qasaaid-e-Arbiya – In this book Hazrat Shah Niyaz R.A. has written the sharah of his Arabic Qaseedas in Farsi and Arabic containing reference from Quran,Hadees and various Sufi sources.
11. Bayaaz – The language is Farsi (persian) – This book provides the date of visaal of Hazrat Nizaamuddin Aurangabadi R.A. and details of Hazrat Maulana Saheb R.A. stay in Delhi with his poetry.
13. Deewan-e-Niyaz Urdu – Contains poetry of Hazrat Shah Niyaz R.A. in Urdu & Hindi dialects.
14. Deewan-e-Niyaz Farsi - Contains poetry of Hazrat Shah Niyaz R.A. in Farsi ( Persian).
Sahitya Akaadmi (academy) book ‘A History Of Indian Literature’ written by Mr. Sisir Kumar Das gives the year 1834 as the publication year for deewan of Hazrat Shah Niyaz which the last year of his life.
The ‘Records of Government, North western province’ vol-IV published by Government Press, Allahabad in 1868 mentions a press for Agra ‘Mutba-e-Qadiri’ which earned Rs. 500 by printing Farsi & Urdu Deewan of Hazrat Shah Niyaz R.A. at the cost of Rs. 1 per copy.
The most circulated and famous was the version published by Munshi Nawal Kishor Press.